Saturday, June 4, 2016

Toots: Unconventional and Unconditional


As most of you are aware, my mom passed away on April 9.
It has taken me a while to post a blog entry.

My mom was affectionately known as "Toots" to pretty much everyone.


But long ago she was simply Paulette Thompson.
Not blonde.


I always had great parents and that makes for a fine childhood.





This is the house where it all happened, at least from 1965 to the late 1980's.












Fort Apache and the Smith Cougars football program.


Looks like I came by my love for photography naturally.


The Den


with Sue Cross


with Andy Lemons



















Life on Lake Guntersville





Celebrating 50 years of marriage


At her Memorial Service, there was a gathering of the "usual suspects."
As per her instructions, it was a very fun occasion.

John Clements


Andy Lemons


Elana Ingram


Dale Windle, my brother Scott, and me


John and Rhonda Clements; John and Pam Knox



My son Matthew with my Aunt Wannah


Nancy Johnson and Jeff Ingram


The elusive John Beard



The crew from Huffman


and, of course, the inimitable Kiva Jump!


Kiva and Toots back in the day...








with baby Lynsey


with Scott and Leslie


with Gran Gran


with Kevin and Rachael





















Sorry for the non-linear photographs, but that's how it works.




Toots liked her children and her pets


and jewelry


and sunshine.





at the Luau near Eastwood Mall (a few years ago)




with Matt and Lynsey



Gardenias are the best flower around.


Toots always liked birds of flight


and now she has ascended like a dove.
I am sure she watches over us from Heaven.


and that is why we refuse to keep our heads down.






No comments:

Post a Comment